Sunday, December 27, 2015

Canon Fodder

After at least 12 years of not having an SLR camera and only an iPhone for the last seven, I have finally moved up to a Canon Rebel digital SLR!

I love photography and I'm not to proud to admit that the thing I hated most about photography was the darkroom. I much prefer working on photos in photoshop or using filters.

Sue me. I don't intend to become famous or anything so I can do what I want. I do plan to create photos in my own way. There is a lot of backlash these days about people using filters and altering reality. To this I say, ALL ART ALTERS REALITY.

I do not intend to be a photojournalist. I intend to be a photo artist so don't expect my photos to be all #nofilter. I will say, with a better camera, the NEED for filters is reduced. I don't need to cover up as many flaws. I believe having the best equipment doesn't always mean you'll be that creative. I see tons of photos online with people with fancy cameras and while they are technically advanced, they are boring.

But, I do hope to "go-ro-day." I got my first camera when I was eight years old. It was one of those instamatic things with the cartridge film. Then, I had a Pocket Camera. But, at age 14, after working that summer, I used my money to buy my first Canon AE1. I love that camera. It fell off the roof of a car when my friend and I sped away from viewing a bridge in New Mexico...and still worked (yes, it was in a case, but STILL, the plastic cameras now would not be able to handle such a spill).

So, I'm back and ready to flood the digital with my art.

Here are some photos from my launch stroll yesterday around my neighborhood.







I'm very fortunate to live in a beautiful place. Can't take credit for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment